When I import data into Outlook, I get an error message: This Personal Folders file (pst) is already in use with this profile. How to fix this error?
This error occurs:
- when Microsoft Outlook tries to open several Personal Store Folders that use one PST file
- or if the Personal Store Folder is registered in Microsoft Outlook, but the original PST file does not exist on the disk or if the path to it is incorrect
To solve the problem, you should:
- Close Recovery Toolbox for Outlook and Microsoft Outlook
- Restart the computer
- Start Microsoft Outlook. Ignore the message This Personal Folders file (pst) is already in use with this profile while restarting Microsoft Outlook.
- Close all PST files Personal Store Folders being used, except for the main Personal Store Folder in the left panel of Microsoft Outlook. To do it, you should right-click the Personal Store Folder item and select the Close Personal Store Folder item in the context menu.
- Close Microsoft Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook again. If the error message
This Personal Folders file (pst) is already in use with this profile appears again, the path to the
Personal Store Folder is incorrect or the PST does not exist on the disk. To fix this error, you should:
- Find the source PST files on the disk. The best way to do it is to use the Microsoft Windows search feature (click Start | Search | For Files and Folders...), select All files and folders (for Windows XP) and then search for *.pst files on the computer.
- Set the correct path to the file and its name in the properties of the main Personal Store Folder (right-click the Personal Store Folder item and select the Properties item in the context menu).